[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS Pro with NUT 2.2.0

Arjen de Korte arjen at de-korte.org
Wed Sep 5 08:08:37 UTC 2007

> Upon upgrading to the Debian package of NUT 2.2.0 my APC Back-UPS Pro is
> no longer recognized.  Here is the output if I try to run the driver
> manually:
>
> -----------
> # /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DDD -x vendorid=051d -x productid=0002 -a
> foxstarups

You don't need the 'vendorid' and 'productid' variables here, these are
already supported by the driver. If you do use them, the should be *after*
the '-a foxstarups' since otherwise the contents of 'ups.conf' would
override them. This is not your problem though.

> Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.2.0-)
>
> debug level is '3'
> No appropriate HID device found
> No matching HID UPS found
> -----------

If this is really all you see, the USB bus was not found. This is
something that has it's root cause probably somewhere in a missing
package. Otherwise you would see that the driver would attempt trying to
match USB devices instead, but it isn't.

> The output is the same if I omit vendorid and productid options.

See above.

> These
> numbers are taken from lsusb:
>
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion Back-UPS Pro
> 500/1000/1500
>

> Here is my ups.conf, if needed:
>
> [foxstarups]
>         driver = usbhid-ups
>         port = auto
>         offdelay = 600
>         desc = "foxstar UPS"

This looks fine.

> Is there anything special I must do regarding USB/HID configuration in the
> kernel that was not necessary before?  NUT 2.0.5 was working fine.

Beats me.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands