[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite 1500XL problems, continued.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:05:08 UTC 2007

On 9/21/07, Junk Mail <junk at chassit.com> wrote:

> So a month or more ago, I posted about continual disconnect messages from
> this UPS (roughly 2/hour), using nut 2.2.0 on debian etch. Now, I've
> finally gotten around to running tripplite_usb in debug mode, and these
> are the results:

> Error reading B value: Device detached? (error 0: error sending control
> message: Operation not permitted)
> Closing device

Is there any chance that some other USB-related package might be
changing the permissions on the /dev/bus/usb/*/* node that corresponds
to this UPS? If you do a 'ls -lR' in /dev/bus/usb, you should see at
least one device owned by system user "nut".

(At least, I think etch uses /dev/bus/usb... it may be /proc/bus/usb -
adjust accordingly.)

--
- Charles Lepple