[Nut-upsuser] Masterguard A-19 3000

Stefan Teubel synchv at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:03:28 UTC 2007

I am trying to get this UPS talking with NUT (2.2.0) under Fedora
7/CentOS5.

I have searched the mailing list and found some infos:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2007-February/001799.html but I'm not really sure how that helps me. USB would be cool but I don't really need that, it just has to work.

I have also found a document that shows the pinout of the com port (page
8) there:
http://www.watfordcontrol.co.th/products/UPS/series_ae1/Catalog_A-19_A_E_engl(1999).pdf
My question is, do I have to swap the TXD and RXD pins to get it
working?

I have tried to add the USB device address into the ups.conf and run the
driver config tool thing. After a while it says:
tcgetattr(/proc/bus/usb/004/002): Inappropriate ioctl for device
After that I have tried the serial port, with a 1:1 cable, which didn't
worked as well.

The UPS has the SIC option installed (page 22 on the catalog) so maybe
the invoke shutdown pin can be used.

Thanks a lot
Steve