[Nut-upsuser] Fwd: Cyberpower usbhid-ups wrong battery voltage

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Apr 2 14:49:17 UTC 2008

> My proposal is to even when we see product/vendor id, we make
> extra sanit(ar)y checks before fixing values just to make
> sure cyberpower haven't fixed them in some newer firmware
> and we do fix already fixed values

[...]

We can't (and won't) reliably do that. The ranges for fixed/unfixed values
overlap. If you conditionally adjust values based on the readings, you'd
get nasty jumps in the battery voltage, which is even worse from a user
perspective than a value that is off by a fixed factor and/or offset. So
we either leave the 'unfixed' versions as they are or risk breaking
'fixed' versions of the firmware. As already mentioned, CyberPower doesn't
have the best track record in this respect, so I don't think we will fix
this in NUT (since there are other models that use the same ProductID that
don't have this firmware flaw).

Best regards, Arjen