[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite OmniVS1000 not recognized?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 04:18:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Matt Fischer <tadowguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Compatibility page lists the OMNIVS1000 as supported, but the
> tripplite_usb driver doesn't seem to recognize my UPS.  Below is the debug
> dump from attempting to load the driver.  I am using the nut package from
> Debian: 2.2.1-2.1 and I was wondering if this was a known issue?
>
> maroon:/lib/nut# /lib/nut/tripplite_usb -DDDDD -a usbups
> Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.11 (2.2.1-)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> debug level is '5'
[...]
> Checking device (09AE/1007) (002/008)
> - VendorID: 09ae
> - ProductID: 1007
> - Manufacturer: Tripp Lite
> - Product: TRIPP LITE UPS
> - Serial Number: FW-2263 E
> - Bus: 002
>  Trying to match device
> Device does not match - skipping

Well, they did it again - Tripp Lite changed the product ID while
keeping the model name the same.

You can try using some of the options on the tripplite_usb man page to
force loading the driver, but if it is closer in lineage to the OMNI
LCD models (or whatever they're called), then you might have better
luck with the usbhid-ups driver.

Also, please let us know roughly when this OMNIVS1000 was manufactured
(as well as which driver works, and with what options), so that we can
update the compatibility list.

thanks,

--
- Charles Lepple