[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite OmniVS1000 not recognized?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Apr 10 06:59:05 UTC 2008

> I had poor results with both drivers, but I got farther with usbhid-ups
> using -x productid=1007.   It looks like that driver retrieved some info
> and
> then went into an infinite loop (all details attached in uncompressed
> files).

Well, what else do you expect?

> maroon:/var/log# /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DDD -a usbups -x productid=1007 &>
/tmp/usbhid-ups

You ran the driver in debug mode. I'm sure we have documented somewhere
that drivers will not background if you're running them with debugging
enabled. Omit the -DDD from the startup commandline and you'll probably be
fine for now.

> note: I had to kill the usbhid-ups driver with kill -9 after a bit, if you
> want me to let it run longer, let me know, but I think it's just spinning.

Same here, this is how it is intended to work. Since you added the debug
flags, the driver assumed you wanted to see the debug output and won't
background then.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands