[Nut-upsuser] Fwd: Cyberpower usbhid-ups wrong battery voltage

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Apr 11 07:06:04 UTC 2008

[...]

> So everybody can calibrate his own ups battery measurement
> make the polynomial fit and just enter the coefficients in
> ups.conf or just use recommended values for some models
> that are know to have systematic error
>
> what do you say?

I don't think this is a good idea. A UPS is not a measuring instrument.
The accuracy and resolution that can be achieved is magnitudes away from
what would be needed to *really* make meaningful measurements.

Making this user configurable is not an option, since for most if not all
USB devices, we'll probably remove this once we've ironed out some things
regarding the detection of the devices by the server.

Best regards, Arjen