[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2-pre2 released

Roger Price rprice at cs.uml.edu
Fri Apr 18 11:50:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:

> The libraries are present, yes, but they are 64bit and you are trying
> to install a 32bit rpm. You can either install the 32bit versions of
> those libraries, or try rebuilding the rpm to obtain a 64bit one.

Aha! I installed the source rpm, read the README, created group nut and
user ups, made sure user ups is in group nut, untarred the source tar ball
and saw the following files:

glacon2:/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/nut-2.2.2 # ls
AUTHORS    INSTALL      NEWS       clients  conf          configure.in  docs     install-sh  m4       packaging
COPYING    MAINTAINERS  README     common   config.guess  data          drivers  lib         man      scripts
ChangeLog  Makefile.am  UPGRADING  compile  config.sub    depcomp       include  ltmain.sh   missing  server

However the command

./configure --with-user=ups --with-group=nut add --with-usb add --with-lib add --with-hal

is rejected because there is no file "configure".  Please excuse my
naivete' if I'm doing something noobie stupid.

Roger