[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2-pre2 released

Roger Price rprice at cs.uml.edu
Fri Apr 18 20:51:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> > However the command
> > ./configure --with-user=ups --with-group=nut add --with-usb add --with-lib
> > add --with-hal
> >
> > is rejected because there is no file "configure".  Please excuse my
> > naivete' if I'm doing something noobie stupid.
>
> You'll want to rebuild this based on the bundled .spec file, something like
>
> rpmbuild -ba nut.spec
>
> This will handle the configuration stuff for you.

I've been looking at
/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/nut-2.2.2/packaging/madriva/nut.spec which even
though at version 2.0.1 is probably the closest to what is needed for nut
2.2.2 on openSUSE 10.3, but it seems to me that I should teach myself how
to build rpm packages before plunging into such a complex configuration.

A better approach for me would be to revert to a 32 bit OS, but this will
take a little while.

Nevertheless, thanks for all your help,
Roger