[Nut-upsuser] 2.2.2-pre2 64 bit rpm tested on openSUSE 10.3

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:26:16 UTC 2008

2008/4/21, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org>:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>

> > >  > There is no /var/state in openSUSE 10.3, so I changed PIPEFN and
> LOCKFN to
> > >  > /var/run and defined directory /var/run/ups.
> > >

> > > We need a pre3 to fix this since this has been a long standing bug. This
> > >  path is hardcoded in the example configuration, where running
> > >  ./configure should set this path properly. In fact, Charles fixed this
> > >  in the trunk, but apparently we didn't backport the fix to Testing.
> Good
> > >  catch!
> > >

> > +1
> >

>  -1
>
>  We already backported this to testing in r1163 or something. After digging
> deeper into this it turned out that Roger was using an older configuration
> file from an earlier (before we fixed this) configuration. The new one *was*
> installed (so the .spec file can't be blamed either), but with the .rpmnew
> extension, since he upgraded his configuration.

fine

>  Where we might have an issue, is in 'data/html/header.html.in'. It
> hardcodes the path to the CGI files.

though I've created the .in to deal with these paths, the instructions
I've put in data/html/README state that one should install the NUT cgi
in a "cgi-bin" directory, pointed as such in the webserver directives
(ie "ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /some-path-to-nut-cgi/cgi-bin/)

but I'm thinking about adding a template apache file to declare nut
things, and be able to put it in the "sites-available" directory.
Though this is pure apache, and there are many other webservers in the
land (lighttpd for example)

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com