[Nut-upsuser] Unsupported UPS using megatec_usb

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Fri Apr 25 17:14:32 UTC 2008

Hi Jamie,

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 03:13:15 +0400, Jamie Thompson <lists.nut-upsuser at jamie-thompson.co.uk> wrote:

> Hey all, thanks for your work on nut. I recently got myself a new cheap UPS, and have thus far determined very little about it. I can run whatever you
> like to help identify and work with it. So far I've played around with various settings and have had some limited success with the megatec_usb driver
> (Debian testing version):

[snip]
>> Asking for UPS information [I]...
>> get_data_krauler: index [0c], prefix [#]
>> - Unable to fetch string 12
>> get_data_krauler: connection failure
>> I => FAILED [timeout]
>> Megatec protocol UPS detected.
>> Asking for UPS power ratings [F]...
>> get_data_krauler: index [0d], prefix [#]
>> - Unable to fetch string 13
>> get_data_krauler: connection failure
>> F => FAILED [timeout]
>> Cannot calculate charge percentage for this UPS.
>> -> String: UPS No Ack (len = 10/512)
>> set_data_krauler: dump [UPS No Ack]
>> Done setting up the UPS.
>> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
>> get_data_krauler: index [03], prefix [(]
>> - Unable to fetch string 3
>> get_data_krauler: connection failure
>> Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
[snip]

megatec_usb is definitely the right driver for your UPS.
I don't know if anything could be done to stop failures.
Can you plug the UPS to another computer and run megatec_usb again?
Also please try version 2.2.2-pre3 released today:
http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html

> Looking at similar mails in the archives I guess you need some of those values for the battery table in the driver, but I'm not clear which.

As Carlos wrote recently there is no way to calculate charge percentage
if I and F commands fail.
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2008-April/003970.html

--
  Alexander