[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] CyberPower 550SL reports LB and OB when on line power

orangevixen postmaster at ccinet.com
Sat Aug 2 22:38:21 UTC 2008

Thanks, I just checked and there are no other processes using serial
port 2 (/dev/ttyS1). I have my UPS connected to serial port 2, my modem
on serial port 3, and nothing is connected to serial port 1. I tried
connecting my UPS to serial port 1 but I got the same result.

My setserial script looks like:

SETSERIAL=/bin/setserial
# Serial port 1 (COM1), onboard to nothing
$SETSERIAL /dev/ttyS0 port 0x3f8 irq 4
# Serial port 2 (COM2), onboard to UPS
$SETSERIAL /dev/ttyS1 port 0x2f8 irq 3
# Serial port 3 (COM3), ISA fax/modem
$SETSERIAL /dev/ttyS2 port 0x3e8 irq 7
# Serial port 4 (COM4), USA nothing
#$SETSERIAL /dev/ttyS2 port 0x3e8 irq 7

I also think that the whole problem might be my serial cable, since my
CP550SL did not come with one and it says I need to contact them to get
one. I contacted them and asked them to send me one yesterday. I hope
they keep their promise.

-Tara