[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] CyberPower 550SL reports LB and OB when on line power

Chris Gatcombe chris at gatcombe.com
Sun Aug 3 01:07:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

If it helps, I have a Cyberpower CP485SL/AE485, which may be
similar enough to yours.

I'm using a straight-through serial cable (no twists or jumpers
anywhere) and I'm using the genericups driver (type 7, though I
think the type 22 works the same). I have not had to redfine any of
the serial control signals in ups.conf.

Just running the driver (genericups -a MyUps -DDDDD) shows me
sensible looking status values as the UPS goes first to battery, then
to low battery, then shutting off.

Chris