[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS ES 700 under FreeBSD

Marius Nünnerich marius at nuenneri.ch
Sat Aug 9 10:10:24 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to install a APC Back-UPS ES 700 on FreeBSD. This
UPS has a usb connection to the PC and is recognized as:

ugen0: APC Back-UPS ES 700 FW:829.D2 .I USB FWD2 rev 1.10/1.06, addr 2

my ups.conf looks like:
[back-ups]
  driver = usbhid-ups
  port = auto
  desc = "server"

When I now run /usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl start the output is:
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.2
Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.33 (2.2.2)

No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

I chmodded /dev/ugen0 to 777 for testing but it doesn't help.

Anyone has an idea what to try next? Maybe there is just some usb id
missing in the driver so it will recognize this ups?

Kind regards
Marius