[Nut-upsuser] Delta UPS boxes

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 20:29:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit at mailsnare.net> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I would like to control the big Delta box that protect the cluster of my group:
> I am not familiar with those kind of machine, but quite familiar with (Debian) Linux.
>
> Does anyone know which NUT driver to use ?

I don't see "Delta" on our compatibility list:

http://networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html

> The UPS have 3 different communication interfaces:
> RS-232
> AS-400
> Dry-contact
> Which one is the more appropriate for NUT ?

It depends on the protocol that is being used on the RS-232 port. If
you have a technical manual for the UPS, see if they describe the
protocol, or mention what software is compatible. Phoenixtec and
Megatec are two protocol names that you might run across.

If not, there is a driver called 'genericups' that can handle
on-line/on-battery and battery-good/battery-low status.

--
- Charles Lepple