[Nut-upsuser] Delta UPS boxes

Jerome BENOIT jgmbenoit at mailsnare.net
Sun Aug 31 05:46:27 UTC 2008

Hello List,

thanks for your replies.

Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit at mailsnare.net> wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I would like to control the big Delta box that protect the cluster of my group:
>> I am not familiar with those kind of machine, but quite familiar with (Debian) Linux.
>>
>> Does anyone know which NUT driver to use ?
>
> I don't see "Delta" on our compatibility list:
>
> http://networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html

hence my email

>> The UPS have 3 different communication interfaces:
>> RS-232
>> AS-400
>> Dry-contact
>> Which one is the more appropriate for NUT ?
>
> It depends on the protocol that is being used on the RS-232 port. If
> you have a technical manual for the UPS, see if they describe the
> protocol, or mention what software is compatible. Phoenixtec and
> Megatec are two protocol names that you might run across.

The manual is actually very terse,
and contains mainly very technical draws
which are certainly meaningful fro engineers.

Whatever, the RS-232 is meant to be used with the DELTA Smart 2000 software:

www.delta.com.tw/product/ps/ups/ups_powermag.asp

May be I should say that before.

> If not, there is a driver called 'genericups' that can handle
> on-line/on-battery and battery-good/battery-low status.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT