[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.0.5 and 2.2.2 hacking -- there is something to improve!

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 11:28:29 UTC 2008

On Saturday 06 December 2008 11:05:17 you wrote:
> Citeren Kārlis Repsons <karlis.repsons at gmail.com>:
> > Sorry man, was all facts, you perceived them as an offence.
>
> Indeed I did (see below).
I shouldn't have written after trying to get it work in an "accelerated"
regime. Sorry, I know, is no excuse.

> > Ok, this is useless, if others support (if for same hardware, though).
> >
> > PS: so how should I've asked?
> Finally, I will add the requested functionality in due time. Maybe
> something nice for the Christmas holidays, who knows. I'll let you
> know if I need someone to test this with (I don't have access to a
> CyberPower UPS, remember?)
Ok, to be forgiven and make less trouble for others, I will monitor this list
(traffic is not big) and when there is something to test, I will contribute
that way, just it would be much nicer, if there is no more to do about it
than stop what is working good (not modify) and try out some fresh code more
directly. Well, we will see then. As I wrote, I am willing to help.

> Not having access to such a device was the
> #1 reason to hardcode these intervals in the first place. Making this
> configurable, complicates this since we can't fallback to a couple of
> settings that were used before.
>
> Your UPS will probably support setting a shutdown delay value between
> 0 and 99
That could be too much my-ups-specific! The manufacturer did post me info
about 1..10, I know, 0 is working too, but more I didn't test!
Anyway, my idea is, that driver should support full range (if there is no
autodetection with UPS), and should take any command as input. Then it would
be up to UPS to handle or reject it.

> Best regards, Arjen

Regards,
Kārlis