[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.0.5 and 2.2.2 hacking -- there is something to improve!

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Dec 6 12:50:41 UTC 2008

Citeren Kārlis Repsons <karlis.repsons at gmail.com>:

>> Not having access to such a device was the
>> #1 reason to hardcode these intervals in the first place. Making this
>> configurable, complicates this since we can't fallback to a couple of
>> settings that were used before.
>> Your UPS will probably support setting a shutdown delay value between
>> 0 and 99
> That could be too much my-ups-specific! The manufacturer did post me info
> about 1..10, I know, 0 is working too, but more I didn't test!

Please forward whatever information you have about this. Like I said,
I don't even know if this value is in seconds or minutes, so any
information you have is more than I have now.

> Anyway, my idea is, that driver should support full range (if there is no
> autodetection with UPS), and should take any command as input. Then it would
> be up to UPS to handle or reject it.

Like the other drivers that support start- and shutdown delays, this
will be configurable through 'ups.conf' with the 'ondelay' and
'offdelay' parameters. The only validation there will be in the
driver, is if the value fits within the 2 or 4 character space that is
available in the command.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list