[Nut-upsuser] Exclude COMMBAD status as a shutdown event?

Simon Meggle meggles at tbk-patent.de
Mon Dec 8 11:56:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

As my subject says, I am struggling with the shutdown behaviour of my
NUT slaves, when the communication to the master is bad (COMMBAD).
 From upsmon.conf:

    #
    # SHUTDOWNCMD "<command>"
    #
    # upsmon runs this command when the system needs to be brought down.

Ok.... obviously, in the default configuration upsmon decides to bring
the system down on LB and COMMBAD (or, are there any other states?) .
But how can I exclude the "COMMBAD" state from this behaviour? My NUT
masters are simple workstations. I don' t want to risk a complete ESX
farm shutting down just because my NUT master failed...

Thanks in advance,

Simon