[Nut-upsuser] Exclude COMMBAD status as a shutdown event?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 8 12:54:18 UTC 2008

Citeren Simon Meggle <meggles at tbk-patent.de>:

> Ok.... obviously, in the default configuration upsmon decides to bring
> the system down on LB and COMMBAD (or, are there any other states?) .

No, COMMBAD is just the first warning. You probably meant NOCOMM here.
The system will be brought down in the following two states:

1) OB + LB
2) NOCOMM and last known state OB

> But how can I exclude the "COMMBAD" state from this behaviour?

That's insane, so you don't. :-)

If the last you heard from the master is that the UPS is on battery
and communication is lost then, your only reasonable option is to
shutdown. You can delay this (by changing DEADTIME in upsmon.conf),
but question is, why you want to do that?

> My NUT
> masters are simple workstations. I don' t want to risk a complete ESX
> farm shutting down just because my NUT master failed...

See above.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list