[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.0.5 and 2.2.2 hacking -- there is something to improve!

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 19:03:10 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 13:13:12 you wrote:
> Citeren Kārlis Repsons <karlis.repsons at gmail.com>:
> >> Now *this* is useful! Do you have the full specification available? If
> >> possible, can you send it?
> >
> > Maybe other person will send.
>
> Given the total lack of support NUT gets from Cyberpower, I doubt it.
>
> Many users have already asked for this, but so far the response has
> invariably been that this is confidential information and that they
> can't release it. I'm actually quite surprised you have access to this
> information, unless you happen to be working for Cyberpower (or an
> affiliate).
Confidential? Sounds quite ridiculous, who can have business on that protocol?
I understand, if on UPSes, also then it would be the manufacturers interest
to make their systems available. Some kind of nightmare in there. Perhaps
someone has a great fear, his systems could have some hole :)

> It seems to me that I've hit another dead end here, so I'm putting
> this on the back burner until I get some more information. In the mean
> time I'll spend my time on equipment from vendors that take supporting
> NUT seriously (by sending both documentation and hardware to test with).
As you wish, of course. If you decide to add time delay configuration options
and want to test, let me know... As for my needs, I could make it work with
that little piece of info.

> Best regards, Arjen

K.