[Nut-upsuser] Mustek drivers

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Wed Dec 17 07:03:35 UTC 2008

Den Tuesday 16 December 2008 20.39.17 skrev Sudirikku Mohanjith:
> Hi Kjell,
OK Mohanjith,

> Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.
>
> I tried the megatec driver with no luck. Bellow you will find part of
> the ups.conf and the output from upsdrvctl.
>
> From /etc/nut/ups.conf
>
> [patriot]
>         driver = megatec
>         port = /dev/ttyS0
>         desc = "Patriot UPS powering moha-gateway"

8<---------------------snip---------------------------------------

Maybe we should start from the begining. What is the brand and
type of UPS?

They have cleaned up the driver code in NUT, and made some driver handle
more types. Because you could find drivers with almost the same code, and
was not maintaind. So to fix this, the support was added into one driver.

You have 'Patriot...' in the description, so if it is a 'Best Power Patriot'
you should try the bestups driver.

But tell us what ups you have and we can go from there.

Regards
/Kjell