[Nut-upsuser] NUT SuSE Linux 11.0 USB ULTRA ULT33046 ups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Dec 30 10:47:26 UTC 2008

Citeren Bill Blessing <billy1180 at gmail.com>:

> The results of lsusb:
>
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0d9f:0002 Powercom Co., Ltd
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

We don't have a driver for this device, so any attempts to make this
work with the existing openSUSE packages are futile. The thread you
were pointing to is for a different Powercom USB device, using a
proprietary USB HID protocol. Nobody ever took the trouble of
writing/completing a driver for it, so it still isn't supported (and
may never be).

Since your UPS has a different VID:PID combination, there is a remote
chance that it is using another protocol. To check this out, create
the following section in /etc/ups/ups.conf:

[explore]
	driver = usbhid-ups
	port = auto
	vendorid = 0d9f
	productid = 0002
	explore

and post the output of the following command (run as 'root') here:

	/usr/lib/ups/driver/usbhid-ups -DDD -u root -a explore

This will run until you stop it with ctrl-C. The first 10 seconds
worth of output should be enough for now. If you're lucky it will
speak HID PDC and we should be able to support it fairly quickly.
However, if it is using something proprietary, this most likely will
take much longer (if this ever happens).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list