[Nut-upsuser] problem with Mustek UPS - Freebsd

Luki looky at poczta.fm
Sat Feb 2 21:14:12 UTC 2008

But I have found my model on driver.list - it's 1000VA - Mustek
PowerMust 1000 and I use cable delivered with UPS.
That's weird, I spent a lot of time trying to solve it :) I got two
cables - usb and serial, now I have connected both of them, and I have
tried also with megatec_usb driver, no result.
Winpower is a software delivered by producer, but X's are needed for it,
but it's a www server so I don't have X environment installed ( only
text mode available ) that's why I want to use NUT.
I have tryied only NUT, it's a brand new UPS.
Maybe there is something wrong with my /dev/cuaa0 device... cause
normally it should work right ?
> On Feb 2, 2008 8:20 PM, Luki <looky at poczta.fm> wrote:
>
>> I have checked that, I have set 777 to cuaa0 -> serial port (COM1)
>> I have run /usr/local/ups/bin/megatec -DDD -a, results are as follows :
>>
>> [root at plus ~]# /usr/local/ups/bin/megatec -DDD -a server
>> Network UPS Tools  - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.4 [megatec]
>> Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007
>>
>> debug level is '3'
>> Starting UPS detection process...
>> Attempting to detect the UPS...
>> Sending "Q1" command...
>> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
>> Attempting to detect the UPS...
>> Sending "Q1" command...
>> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
>> Attempting to detect the UPS...
>> Sending "Q1" command...
>> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
>> Attempting to detect the UPS...
>> Sending "Q1" command...
>> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
>> Attempting to detect the UPS...
>> Sending "Q1" command...
>> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
>> 5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
>> Megatec protocol UPS not detected.
>>

>> I am sorry for bothering you, but do you have idea how to solve it ?
>>

> That's strange... Maybe you have a bad cable, or that model doesn't
> use the megatec procotol.
>
> What's the name of the software that Mustek ships with that UPS? Have
> you been able to use the UPS with any software other that NUT (on
> FreeBSD or any other operating system)?
>
> PS: please keep the list CC:ed so that others may have the opportunity
> to give their 2 cents.

Pogoda na najblizsze dni.
Sprawdz >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1ce1