[Nut-upsuser] problem with Mustek UPS - Freebsd

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Feb 4 11:33:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Jimmy Jazz wrote:
> for the serial output in your init.d nut file
>
> set_serial() {
>         for n in $@; do
>                 [ -e /sys/class/tty/ttyS${n} ] || continue
>                 mknod /dev/ttyS${n} c 4 $(( 64 + n )) && chown
> nut:uucp /dev/ttyS${n}
>         done
> }
> set_serial 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
>
> /sbin/upsdrvctl start
>
> or something like this as i'm not used to bsd

The "FreeBSD way" would be to create the file /etc/devfs.rules and put..
[root=100]

add path 'cuadX' group nut mode 660

and then put this in /etc/rc.conf
devfs_system_ruleset="root"

Then run this to install the rules
/etc/rc.d/devfs restart

Although since cuad is already owned by dialer and mod 0660 you can just
create a nut user and add it to the dialer group, or build the port with
NUT_GROUP=dialer.

For USB I created /usr/local/etc/devd/nut.conf with entries like..
attach 100 {
        device-name "ugen[0-9]+";
        match "vendor"  "0x0463";
        match "product" "0xffff";
        action "chown uucp /dev/$device-name*; chmod 660 /dev/$device-name*";
};

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum