[Nut-upsuser] problem with Mustek UPS - Freebsd

Luki looky at poczta.fm
Mon Feb 4 10:59:19 UTC 2008

Hi Jimmy,

Problem still occurs, I have removed serial connection, only usb left.
I use your configuration and that's what I receive :

[root at xx /]# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start mustekups-usb
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller
Network UPS Tools  - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.4 [megatec_usb]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver [megatec_usb]

No supported devices found. Please check your device availability with
'lsusb'
and make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not help,
try running the driver with at least 'vendorid' and 'subdriver' options
specified. Please refer to the man page for details about these options
(man 8 megatec_usb).
Please report your results to the NUT user's mailing list
<nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Running usbdevs gives as follows :

Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000),
nVidia(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
 port 3 powered
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000),
nVidia(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
* port 2 addr 2: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, USB to
Serial(0x5161), Cypress Semiconductor(0x0665), rev 0.02*
 port 3 powered
Controller /dev/usb2:
addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000),
nVidia(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
 port 3 powered