[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower Drive in 2.2.0 Fedora 7

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 8 20:00:37 UTC 2008

Seann Clark wrote:

> I know others have seen this before, I just never saw any real
> resolution to it. I am not a programmer, or at the least a very bad one,
> so I don't think this is something I can do properly myself.
>
> I have a Cyberpower 1500 AVR rack mount that worked good, except for the
> output voltage listing, with an older version of NUT (I don't remember
> the version of NUT, but the O/s was Fedora Core 6) and with an upgrade I
> get this from NUT:
> NUT output
>
> battery.charge: 213
> driver.name: powerpanel
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
> driver.version: 2.2.0-
> driver.version.internal: 0.22
> input.frequency: 70.8
> input.frequency.nominal: 60
> input.transfer.high: 147
> input.transfer.low: 88
> input.voltage: 132
> input.voltage.nominal: 120
> output.voltage: 0
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.firmware: 5.100
> ups.load: 26
> ups.mfr: CyberPower
> ups.model: OP1500
> ups.serial: [unknown]
> ups.status: OL TRIM
> ups.temperature: 144

As you found out already, the 'powerpanel' driver in nut-2.2.0 (and
nut-2.2.1 also by the way) didn't have the required conversion functions
that are needed to scale the readings from the UPS to reasonable values.

This week I took some time to integrate these functions from the
'cyberpower' driver into the 'powerpanel' driver. The way to detect that
these functions are needed is rather crude at the moment (first to
characters in the model string are "OP") but for starters, this might be
 good enough.

Could you try this version out? It is currently only available through
SVN, so you would need to build from the sources. Let us know if you can
do that, otherwise one of us may be able to send you a pre-build package
if you let us know which kind of system you have.

Best regards, Arjen