[Nut-upsuser] nut with Belkin "Active Battery Backup" UPS (BU30 series)

Luis Angel Cofiño nut at lacofi.org
Sun Feb 17 15:33:00 UTC 2008

El Domingo, 17 de Febrero de 2008 Cian Davis escribió:
> Alexander I. Gordeev wrote on 16/02/08 18:20:
> > Please try megatec_usb driver and post back the results.
> > Could you also test version from svn trunk?
>
> I hope this isn't a really stupid question but...
>
> I downloaded the latest trunk SVN version and went to compile it. But
> there is no configure script... is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. You have to run now the command "autoreconf" and it will
generate the configure script.

But I think you don't need the trunk version. Your SAI it's the same that
mine. It HAS to work with megatec_usb and standard 2.2 version. Please
uninstall WinPower if installed, and try again 2.2 version with megatec_usb.
Watch the report when you init the upsd daemon. What says your system?.

It can be a permissions problem, for example. On Gentoo, when plugged the USB
cable, it creates a /dev/usb/hiddev0 device, but I have to change the udev
policy to generate a symlink and with a working group, adding a rule like
this:

KERNEL=="hiddev0", NAME="usb/%k", GROUP="nut", SYMLINK+="hiddev0"

Think about it. In your system, is executed as user "nut" and NOT root, maybe.
Permissions by default of hiddev0 are "root root -rw-rw----", and this is
permission denied when starting the daemon as user "nut".

--
---
Luis Angel Cofiño
nut at lacofi.org