[Nut-upsuser] Unknown model detected - please report this ID: 'SOLA'

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Feb 28 09:44:10 UTC 2008

> I found the Man page, have set it up, but still have some problems
>
> this is a log of it :
>
> --------------------------------
> battery.charge: 100.0
> battery.voltage: 2.27
> battery.voltage.nominal: 0.0
> driver.name: bestups
> driver.parameter.ID:
> 610,700,240,240,0.0,0.0
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/cuaa1
> driver.version: 2.0.5
> driver.version.internal: 1.03
> input.frequency: 49.9
> input.voltage: 246.1
> output.voltage: 238.0
> ups.load: 007
> ups.mfr: Best Power
> ups.model: 610 700
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 27.0
> -------------------------------
>
> The config file is :
> -------------------------
> [sola]
>         ID = 610,700,240,240,0.0,0.0
>         driver = bestups
>         port = /dev/cuaa1
>
> I had to put 0.0,0.0 to stop it from saying it was not charged.
>
> But as you can see:
> battery.charge: 100.0
> battery.voltage: 2.27
> battery.voltage.nominal: 0.0
>
> "battery.voltage" should be alot higher,the win CheckUPSII Says it should
> be 27V not 2.27

This value looks like the single cell voltage for a lead acid battery. You
probably want to change the ID to

[sola]
	ID = 610,700,240,240,1.8,2.4
	driver = bestups
	port = /dev/cuaa1

This will lead to some weird values for 'battery.voltage.nominal', which
require a change in the driver. We'll need to list the number of cells
here (which is 12 for a 24V battery), so that we can convert these value
to the terminal voltage.

Are you able to build your own driver? If not, this probably has to wait
until the next stable version is released.

Best regards, Arjen