[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6H375 not seen by nut 2.2.1

Joseph Borg juu.borg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:11:33 UTC 2008

Just a minor update on this. I've tried download the svn tree and compiled
the megatec_usb driver with the following config options (this seems to be
the layout in Fedora but I may have missed something):

./configure --with-user=nut --with-group=nut --with-usb
--sysconfdir=/etc/ups/

I then placed the megate_usb driver in /sbin and tried to start it. I now
get the following:

---------------

[root at www sbin]# /sbin/upsdrvctl -DDDDD start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.0-
Starting UPS: unial1200
exec: /sbin/megatec_usb -a unial1200
Network UPS Tools 2.3.0-1222M - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.11 [megatec_usb]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver [megatec_usb]
Andrey Lelikov (c) 2006, Alexander Gordeev (c) 2006-2007, Jon Gough (c) 2007

ser_get_line: Device detached? (error -110: error sending control message:
Operation not permitted)
Successfully reconnected
ser_get_line: Device detached? (error -110: error sending control message:
Operation not permitted)
Successfully reconnected
ser_get_line: Device detached? (error -110: error sending control message:
Operation not permitted)
Successfully reconnected
ser_get_line: Device detached? (error -110: error sending control message:
Operation not permitted)
Successfully reconnected
ser_get_line: Device detached? (error -110: error sending control message:
Operation not permitted)
Successfully reconnected
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

I'm not sure if the above is the result of my compilation (maybe I need to
specify an additional switch) or whether it's because of the fact that this
driver does not work 100% well for my ups yet.

The device is attached well as I see it in lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0f03:0001

Thought I'd share the info in case it help in solving the issue.
Thanks,

Joe