[Nut-upsuser] Tripp lite SMART1000LCD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 05:28:39 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 11:55 PM, Karl Dalen <k_dal2 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Charles,
>
> I know the port should work as I have used it for other devices
> so I reconnected the ups and used a usb hub in between and
> I got it recognized in the kernel but the nut driver did not seem
> to attach properly:
>
> # dmesg:
> :
> usb 4-2.1: new low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 100
> usb 4-2.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> hiddev0: USB HID v1.10 Device [Tripp Lite  TRIPP LITE UPS ] on
> usb-0000:00:10.3-2.1

OK, good.

> I followed the instructions in the INSTALL file but I may have missed
> something:
>

> # /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.1
> Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.32 (2.2.1)
>
> Using subdriver: TrippLite HID 0.2 (experimental)
> Startup timer elapsed, continuing...
> Is this an error ? Shouldn't the driver usbhid-ups be referenced here
> when my conf file is:

That is the output of usbhid-ups (starting from the line after "UPS
driver controller).

I am not familiar with the "startup timer elapsed" message, though.
Anyone else know what this is about?

For testing, instead of upsdrvctl, you may need to start the driver by
hand, and pass in "-DDD" to see what is going on:

/usr/local/ups/bin/usbhid-ups -DDD -a SMART1000LCD

--
- Charles Lepple