[Nut-upsuser] USBDEVFS_CONTROL error ?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Jan 27 09:46:13 UTC 2008

> Does the following error message have a specific meaning:
>
> usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usbhid-ups rqt 161 rq 1 len 2
> ret -75

[...]

> Can't retrieve Report 49 (75): Value too large for defined data type

The UPS is sending us here more data than we expect. The size of reports
is calculated from the 'report descriptor' we retreive from the UPS.
Apparently, when asking for this data, it returns more data than we
expected and therefor this error will be shown.

Unless some vital information about the state of the UPS is missing, I
wouldn't worry too much about it. Most probably, it is a bug in the UPS
firmware (which is all too common) you can't fix yourself.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands