[Nut-upsuser] Tripp lite SMART1000LCD

Karl Dalen k_dal2 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 23:37:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

After some more thinking  I probably won't need to run the server upsd.
The reports from usbhid-ups in debug mode can easily be parsed
to extract the only report I need, which is the PowerSummary.PresentStatus.
It's quite an impressive reporting capability in this driver.
What is the clean way of aborting usbhid-ups ? Is it 'kill -9' only ?

I only need to request the input reports every 5 minutes so I could
run usbhid-ups once every 5 minutes to collect the reports.
I probably can modify usbhid-ups.c to abort after it has read the

input report once.

I normally run Solaris 10 on my servers but I have one Linux
server. I have written a userland application for Solaris 10
that uses driver 'ugen' to read the PowerSummary.PresentStatus (report x32)
from other identical ups's.

Thanks,

/Karl D