[Nut-upsuser] [nut-hal-drivers] Battery level is not correct for Ippon Back Comfo Pro UPS with Megatec protocol.

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Jun 26 07:07:59 UTC 2008

> Well.. lets try. I believe there must the way through. As a last resort
> it should be possible to allow user select concrete model or parameter
> set by hands..

Not with the existing HAL interface, or we should somehow hardcode a path
to a configuration file.

> I haven't dealt with hal drivers before, so I would appreciate if you
> describe more precisely how to run it in debug mode :)

This isn't possible. You need to run the (not HAL) 'megatec_usb' driver in
debug mode (see my previous reply).

> Output of 'lsusb -vvv' is following. For me it seems we have nothing like
> ID, which could be used...
>
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 06da:0003 Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd

This sadly looks familiar... :-(

> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               1.10
>   bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
>   bDeviceSubClass         0
>   bDeviceProtocol         0
>   bMaxPacketSize0         8
>   idVendor           0x06da Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
>   idProduct          0x0003
>   bcdDevice            4.00
>   iManufacturer           3 OMRON
>   iProduct                1 USB UPS
>   iSerial                 0

[...]

Yup, this the ubiquitous USB-to-serial converter from Phoenixtec. It is
providing no useful information on this level, so your only hope is that
the underlying serial interface uses the full megatec protocol and not
just a subset of it (which is all too common, unfortunately). See also

http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/megatec.html

Unless the UPS provides some useful information in response to the 'I'
command, we can rule out the possibility to automatically detect the make
and model of it.

Best regards, Arjen