[Nut-upsuser] [nut-hal-drivers] Battery level is not correct for Ippon Back Comfo Pro UPS with Megatec protocol.

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:18:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:
>> Well.. lets try. I believe there must the way through. As a last resort
>> it should be possible to allow user select concrete model or parameter
>> set by hands..
>
> Not with the existing HAL interface, or we should somehow hardcode a path
> to a configuration file.

Well, what's wrong with hardcoded path to configuration file?
Just make this ./configure parameter with something meaningful (e.g. /etc/nut/)
by default and that's it. :)

>> I haven't dealt with hal drivers before, so I would appreciate if you
>> describe more precisely how to run it in debug mode :)
>
> This isn't possible. You need to run the (not HAL) 'megatec_usb' driver in
> debug mode (see my previous reply).

Ok, I've removed nut-hal-drivers and installed plain nut, but megatec_usb
doesn't want to connect to my UPS. Seems like it can't get rid of
usbhid driver, attached to it by kernel:

# /lib/nut/megatec_usb -a ippon -DDD
[... a lot of other unrelevant stuff...]
Checking device (06DA/0003) (002/003)
- VendorID: 06da
- ProductID: 0003
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
Successfully reconnected
Q1 => FAILED [short read]
Q1 detail: (0 bytes) =>
5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.

Here is excerpt from /proc/bus/usb/devices:

T:  Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  3 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=06da ProdID=0003 Rev= 4.00
S:  Manufacturer=OMRON
S:  Product=USB UPS
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=100mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=usbhid
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=20ms

>> Output of 'lsusb -vvv' is following. For me it seems we have nothing like
>> ID, which could be used...
>>
>> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 06da:0003 Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
>
> This sadly looks familiar... :-(
> Yup, this the ubiquitous USB-to-serial converter from Phoenixtec.

By the way, in nut configs this VID/PID is mentioned as
Mustek Powermust 600USB (OMRON/87XXUPS)

And in other place we could find
#define LIEBERT_VENDORID 0x06da

which I think is either totally wrong or needs clarification, because
other UPS use this VID too.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.