[Nut-upsuser] distinguishing identical multiple usbhid-ups devices

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:01:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:39 AM, davor emard <davoremard at gmail.com> wrote:
>  usbhid-ups is capable to distinguish devices from the Bus
>  they are connected to, but as all are at the same hub the bus
>  is the same. I'd like if usbhid-ups could distinguish them from
>  the hubbed port they are plugged in.

I forget how the bus numbering goes, but what if you added in another
hub between certain devices?

You still are not guaranteed that they will be enumerated in the same
order every time, but at least the device closest to the motherboard
stands a chance of being enumerated first.

--
- Charles Lepple