[Nut-upsuser] distinguishing identical multiple usbhid-ups devices

davor emard davoremard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:47:25 UTC 2008

HI

I'm planning to have 8 or even more UPS-es
monitored by the same system, Those cyberpower
units are very cost effective. Adding each
hub or other adapter per each usb raises the
overall cost so I would prefer if it could be a software
only solution.

Can we have a libusb proxy that would reliably
distinguish the device by help of kernel, rewrite
their bus number (or serial number whatever is
easier) and present modified tree to the nut?
so nut would connect to the libusb proxy and "see"
different devices?

Can nut drive this cyberpower device from
kernel usbhid* device instead of libusb, so
udev could be used to enumerate
devices in hubbed ports and make constant
/dev/usbhid*