[Nut-upsuser] Dynamix UPS-650VA

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Mon May 5 09:47:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008 10:41:26 +0100, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:
> >  Wouldn't it be better if the driver didn't expose the temperature value
> >  at all in this case?
>
> The version currently in the subversion repository does that since
> yesterday afternoon. :) Although it is of limited usefulness for the
> general population, because most models that don't have a temperature
> sensor return a fixed value (mine always returns 25.0) making it
> impossible to tell if it is bogus or not...

Yes I know, mine always returns 29.2... Too bad that the manufacturers
don't make it clearer when a thermal sensor is present and when it's
not. The only thing we can do, I suppose, is look at the UPS device name
string and have a blacklist in the driver for devices which are known
to not have a thermal sensor. The benefit might not be worth the
maintenance cost though.

--
Jean Delvare