[Nut-upsuser] Dynamix UPS-650VA

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Mon May 5 09:56:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:
>  Yes I know, mine always returns 29.2... Too bad that the manufacturers
>  don't make it clearer when a thermal sensor is present and when it's
>  not.

And it would be easy to do. The protocol specifies that an
non-existent value should be expressed as a non-numeric field (eg.
"@@.@").

>  The only thing we can do, I suppose, is look at the UPS device name
>  string and have a blacklist in the driver for devices which are known
>  to not have a thermal sensor. The benefit might not be worth the
>  maintenance cost though.

Yeah, the benefit isn't worth it, especially since the subset of
models that provide bogus values seems to map almost completely to the
subset of models that provide absolutely no device string
whatsoever...

--
Carlos Rodrigues