[Nut-upsuser] Dynamix UPS-650VA

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Thu May 8 08:46:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Peter McKenna <peter.mckenna at bitt.co.nz> wrote:
> That's correct. I used to be able to toggle it in Nut 2.0 and
> the response from upsc would show off/on, but if you unplugged it it would
> still beep. I assumed there where other less critical beep alerts being
> turned off.

Then it never actually worked, it only appeared to work. The driver
was probably assuming the beeper was on at startup and just changing
its internal state when you issued the toggle command without actually
getting that state from the UPS.

Can you check the logs (/var/log/messages or similar, depending on the
distribution you're using) to see if there's any message there
indicating the beeper.toggle command didn't succeed?

--
Carlos Rodrigues