[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2 released

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:09:08 UTC 2008

2008/5/14 Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org>:
> Hi Arnaud,

Hi Jean,

>  On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:10:23 +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>  > 2008/5/13 Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org>:
>
> > >  I'd like to accept but I doubt that my tight schedule will let me do
>  > >  this properly. But if nobody else steps in, I think I can at least take
>  > >  care of Freshmeat, as long as I am subscribed to nut-upsuser. I'll do
>  > >  the nut 2.2.2 announcement right now.
>  >
>  > thanks Jean,
>
>  You're welcome. Version 2.2.2 is now announced on Freshmeat (although
>  for some reason I didn't receive the notification mail.) I also added a
>  screenshot of upsstats on my home server. I think users are more likely
>  to try nut if they can see how it will look like (even though I realize
>  that upsstats is only the tip of the nut iceberg.)

thanks

>  Freshmeat has a field where you can point the visitors to a demo site.
>  I think it would make sense to use that for nut, it would be even more
>  appealing than a simple screenshot. I was about to add my own upsstats
>  page there [1] (which is what I used for the screenshot) but before
>  doing that, I wanted to ask:
>  * if anyone objects to me doing that, and
>  * whether someone has a more complete nut setup that would better
>   demonstrate how powerful nut is. My setup has a single UPS, it's a
>   bit cheap given what nut can do. Remember that it only makes sense
>   to use your setup as a demo page if it is OK for the information to
>   be public and if the URL will be valid for the months or preferably
>   years to come (which is the case of mine.)
>
>  [1] http://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/ups/

this "feature" is part of the many "communication" tasks I still have
to handle (my bad!), like test.networkupstools.org (still to be
finished).

So yes, you're welcome to register a demo link, but using the freshly
created http://demo.networkupstools.org/
I've pointed your page, and just regenerated the DNS entries. So it
will take a few more days to propagate.
we'll check later on for something more complete, but in the meantime,
it fills the gap that exists since I've taken over the projects and
since the exploit.org pages have been removed (including the nut
demo).
As a side note, you can always fire up one or more dummy-ups to simulate UPSs.

Finally, I'm still sad to see an APC as a NUT demo ;-p

thanks again,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com