[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse Max 1100 configuration question

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu May 22 14:07:08 UTC 2008

>> Weird. This is not something the driver can do, unless you
>> specifically tell it to kill the power (-k). I see that you're using
>> Linux 2.6.24-17-xen.
> I do. (Running Ubuntu Hardy LTS)

The fact that you're able to run this driver on your desktop system
without problems, leads me to believe that the problem is in Xen and not
in either the driver and/or the UPS itself.

A quick search via Google shows that USB support for anything other than a
keyboard and mouse is experimental at best in Xen at the moment, so I
think this may be where the problem is. Since I know crap about Xen (or
any other virtualization software for that matter), I have no idea if and
what can be done to correct this.

One thing that is worth checking, if this system is HAL enabled. In that
case, something like 'hald-addon-hid-ups' might be claiming the UPS and I
have no idea how well this is handled (if at all).

Best regards, Arjen