[Nut-upsuser] Mustek PowerMust 600 USB configuration

Janeks Kamerovskis sags at apollo.lv
Tue Nov 4 21:28:23 UTC 2008

Thanks, Alexander!

I tried both ways:
Both of them are asking for additional packages/libraries.

Do I need them at all? I am asking so because Bubba is device without
monitor i.e. no GUI things only ssh acces or web GUIs.

The console copy:

bubba:/home/janeks/dls# dpkg -i
nut_2.2.2-6.2~stable0_powerpc.debSelecting previously deselected package
nut.
(Reading database ... 33639 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking nut (from nut_2.2.2-6.2~stable0_powerpc.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of nut:
 nut depends on libupsclient1; however:
  Package libupsclient1 is not installed.
 nut depends on udev (>= 0.124-1); however:
  Version of udev on system is 0.105-4.
dpkg: error processing nut (--install):
 nut
bubba:/home/janeks/dls# apt-get install libgd2-xpm-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  libgd2-xpm-dev: Depends: libfontconfig1-dev but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: libfreetype6-dev but it is not going to be
installed
                  Depends: libpng12-0-dev
                  Depends: libx11-dev but it is not going to be
installed or
                           xlibs-dev (< 4.3.0) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libxpm-dev but it is not going to be
installed or
                           xlibs-dev (< 4.3.0) but it is not installable
  nut: Depends: libupsclient1 but it is not installable
       Depends: udev (>= 0.124-1) but 0.105-4 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).
bubba:/home/janeks/dls# apt-get install libupsclient1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Package libupsclient1 is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package libupsclient1 has no installation candidate

brgds
Janeks