[Nut-upsuser] SNMP error and more

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Thu Nov 13 03:56:26 UTC 2008

Thanks Arjen,

> > I checked and these OID do not exists.
> Of course. These are all OID's that only exist in three phase units.

That sounds reasonnable enought :)

> Note that the snmp-ups driver is an experimental driver. See also 'man
> 8 snmp-ups' for what this means for you.

I plan to use NUT for monitoring only in a first phase, so snmp-ups
driver is OK, even though experimental.

> Note that your UPS will miss short lived transient, so if you're
> looking for those, use a power quality analyzer. After all, a UPS is
> not a measurement instrument (tm).

It seems that APC can reccord the minimum input voltage seen on a 5
minutes period, even transient. I may have to derive a tool to get
these data from the UPS.

Best regards,

Olivier