[Nut-upsuser] SNMP error and more

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 12 10:11:11 UTC 2008

Citeren Olivier Nicole <on at cs.ait.ac.th>:

[...]

> I checked and these OID do not exists.

Of course. These are all OID's that only exist in three phase units.
Your Smart-UPS 3000 XL is a single phase unit, so that won't
report/support them. The development version will no longer log
messages about missing OID's by default anymore, since they are not
really errors, but informative messages (for developers) only. You can
safely ignore them.

Note that the snmp-ups driver is an experimental driver. See also 'man
8 snmp-ups' for what this means for you.

> Second question, is there a way to use NUT to monitor and save the
> minimum/maximum input voltage on the UPS?

See 'man 8 upslog'. It will probably require some shell scripting, but
it can be done.

Note that your UPS will miss short lived transient, so if you're
looking for those, use a power quality analyzer. After all, a UPS is
not a measurement instrument (tm).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list