[Nut-upsuser] Delta UPS boxes

Jerome BENOIT jgmbenoit at mailsnare.net
Sat Sep 13 09:21:49 UTC 2008

Hello List,

Kjell Claesson wrote:
> Den Wednesday 03 September 2008 15.56.11 skrev Jerome BENOIT:
> OK Jerome,
>> Here is the full list:
>>
>> battery.charge: 100
>> battery.temperature: 000
>> battery.voltage: 274.0
>> driver.name: belkin
>> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
>> driver.version: 2.2.2
>> driver.version.internal: 0.21
>> input.frequency: 60.1
>> input.transfer.high: 0.0
>> input.transfer.low: 0.0
>> input.voltage: 211.0
>> output.frequency: 60.0
>> output.voltage: 220.0
>> ups.firmware: 5015307704
>> ups.load: 054
>> ups.mfr: BELKIN
>> ups.model: GES602N
>> ups.status: OL
>> ups.temperature: 000
>>

> Thank you for the info.
>
>> I have not yet made such a test.
>> I have one new cluster, one old cluster, and a new workstation.
>> So far, I have played with the upssched features on the new computers.
>> Now I must play with the old computer: this may take some time.
>> Once the all computers are ready, I will make such a test.
>>
> Yes I understand that. You need a testsetup so you don't mess up
> your cluster. We recomend to power some other load (light's) for
> testing and supply the computer directly. In that case if the UPS missbehave
> the computer is uneffected.

I made a full test yesterday:
everything worked fine except the command

/sbin/upsmon -c fsd

which did not shutdown the UPS box as expected.

Anyhow, the UPS was let to flat its batteries:
it shutdown by itself, and when the power was back,
the computer requested to boot booted.

Thanks for your help and hints,
Jerome