[Nut-upsuser] Can't claim USB device

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Apr 6 14:25:52 UTC 2009

Citeren Brandon Metcalf <brandon op geronimoalloys.com>:

> When trying to start the driver I get
>
>   $ sudo ./upsdrvctl start
>   Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
>   Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
>   USB communication driver 0.31
>   Can't claim USB device [09ae:3012]: could not detach kernel driver
> from interface 0: Operation not permitted
>   Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> The UPS is detected when connected.  From the output of dmesg
>
>   [689484.575866] hiddev96hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [Tripp Lite
> TRIPP LITE SMART2200RMXL2U ] on usb-0000:00:03.0-2
>
> lsusb also lists the UPS.
>
> Any ideas?

Apparently, hotplug/udev isn't working for you. Read the INSTALL
document that came with the sources and follow the instructions in
'Build and install' paragraph 6 on how to temporarily work around
this. We probably can't help you fix this however, you'd have to ask
the people from Ubuntu to do that.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list