[Nut-upsuser] Can't claim USB device

Brandon Metcalf brandon at geronimoalloys.com
Wed Apr 8 14:16:26 UTC 2009

----- Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/7 Brandon Metcalf <brandon at geronimoalloys.com>
> >  $ debuild -us -uc
> >  dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 6.0.7~)
> > autoconf automake libtool libgd2-xpm-dev |   libgd2-noxpm-dev libsnmp-dev |
> > libsnmp9-dev libusb-dev (>= 0.1.8) libhal-dev (>= 0.5.8) libdbus-1-dev
> > libdbus-glib-1-dev libglib2.0-dev libneon27-gnutls-dev |
> > libneon26-gnutls-dev | libneon-dev | libneon27-dev | libneon26-dev
> > libwrap0-dev (>= 7.6) dpatch
> >  debuild: fatal error at line 993:
> >  You do not appear to have all build dependencies properly met, aborting.
> >  (Use -d flag to override.)
> >
> > Based on this, can you give me some help on what to do?  I'm still a little
> > unclear.
> >

> still the same as my above explanation (modify control and rules)
> I've missed the nut-xml package that can be removed with the neon deps.
> now it's up to you to remove the deps you don't need with all the
> explanation given...

Thanks for your help.  I'm all set, I think.  I have usbhid-ups, upsd, and upsmon running and reporting OK.

One final question.  Are the defaults in /etc/init.d/nut fine?  Specifically, the poweroff section?  I see that there isn't an /etc/default/nut with POWEROFF_WAIT defined.  Is this OK?

Brandon