[Nut-upsuser] Cabac UPS-1700DV2

mick mickhowe at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 17 00:11:14 UTC 2009

I have a Cabac UPS-1700DV2
http://webshop.cabac.com.au/webshop(bD1lbiZjPTUwMA==)/public/catalogue/default.htm?cat=Z_COMP
despite the unit having only a USB interface it is supplied with serial port
only software for linux, mac & windows, so I need to find alterate software to
manage it.

I live in Brisbane, Qld, Australia where the power distribution system is
barely better than 3rd world standard - outages average 45 days, outage
duration 6 - 72 hours, constant under/over voltages (100 to 400v ac on nominal
240v)

KDE Info Centre reports the UPS as:
STD UPS MON V1.0
Class		0	((Defined at Interface level))
Subclass		0
Protocol		0
USB Version	1.00
Vendor ID	0x1	(Fry's Electronics)
Product ID	0x0
Revision		0.00
Speed		1.5 Mbit/s
Channels		0
Max. Packet Size	8

I have had a quick look at NUT but not found an obvious answer and the
suggestion that damage is possible discourages me from probing blindly

any suggestions, hints, ... would be appreciated

mick