[Nut-upsuser] apc Backups BK 500 connection errors

freebsd at box201.com freebsd at box201.com
Fri Apr 24 16:28:30 UTC 2009

I'm running a freebsd 6.2 system and built the nut port.

I cannot seem to connect to serial com1 or 2

/usr/local/etc/nut> upsc apcBK500 at localhost

Error: Connection failure: Connection refused

My configs:

ups.conf

-----------------------

[apcBK500]

driver = genericups

upstype=20

port = /dev/cuad1

upsmon.conf

--------------------------

MONITOR apcBK500 at localhost 1 upsmon nomspu slave

upsc.conf

-------------------------

ACL all 0.0.0.0/0

ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32

ACCEPT localhost

REJECT all

Driver results:

-------------------------

/usr/local/etc/nut> /usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl start

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1

Network UPS Tools - Generic contact-closure UPS driver 1.35 (2.4.1)

UPS type: Powerware 5119 RM

Out of desperation. upsd.users

------------------------------------

[admin]

        password = password

        actions = SET

        instcmds = ALL

[upsmon]

        password  = password

        upsmon slave

MONITOR apcBK500 at localhost 1 upsmon nomspu slave

I'm connected via a db9 serial because this Backups BK 500 does not have a
usb port.

I've tried just about everything I can think of to manually connect. I've
scanned the previous posts for weeks now and sadly I must ask the list. How
do I get nut working with this apc backups BK 500?